“Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let the pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place.”
As I close out 2013, I’m going to do what everyone else does this time of year…reflect on the year. You know, accomplishments, realizations, memories, stuff I wish to remember and stuff I probably shouldn’t. The list goes on. It was a big year for me with a whole lot of changes. But let me tell you, it is a year I will gladly look back on.
- I turned 22 and was finally on the same page as Taylor Swift.
- I attended sxsw for the first time and met some amazing kick-ass people.
- I graduated college with a degree in communication, specialized in Public Relations and Advertising.
- I landed myself a job after a long internship with a local nonprofit.
- I applied to graduate school. Got into my dream schools- NYU and USC.
- However, I decided to stay local and attend graduate school in San Marcos.
- Found out I have a ton of loans because I chose a private university for my undergraduate then I was like, “YOLO”.
- Went through some rough transitional period after graduation, which I got through alive.
- Became a Snapchat addict.
- Instagram made me a great photographer.
- Made new friends, left bad ones behind, rekindled friendships, became closer to others.
- Decided that I loved making avatars of people. #GraphicDesignStuff
- I became obssesed with HBO’s Girls.
Well, there’s my interesting life. I’m sure my mom would have a few to add since she thinks everything I do is a milestone or something…because that’s just human nature for a mother.
Cheers to knowing 2014 will be a hell-of-a-year!!